SUBNATIONAL URBAN POLICIES: LAUNCH OF A GUIDE AND DIALOGUE
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat), United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) and the Andalusian Agency of International Cooperation for Development (AACID) will organize an online launch event on the SUBNATIONAL URBAN POLICIES: LAUNCH OF A GUIDE AND DIALOGUE on 25 February 2021 at 14:00 hrs. UTC+1 (16:00 hrs. Nairobi/Istanbul time).
As part of the #CitiesAreListening Experiences, UCLG, UN-Habitat, and the AACID, will celebrate on February 25 the global launching of the “Sub-National Urban Policy: A Guide”, as a follow up event of the Expert Group Meeting on Subnational Urban Policies. The Guide is framed within the set of publications on urban policies of UN-Habitat. It aims to broaden the knowledge about Subnational Urban Policies, in addition to offering a working methodology for their formulation, implementation and development, and a variety of best practices.
The launch event and dialogue seek to present the guide, its importance within the context of the 2030 and New Urban Agendas, and hear from local and regional governments on their specific experiences related to subnational urban policies. Marmara Municipalities Union (MMU) Secretary General Mr. M. Cemil Arslan will participate as a speaker in the event.
Online simultaneous interpretation will be available through Zoom (Spanish, English, French, Portuguese).
You can register to the event here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYofu6rrTwuGtwygPJxAozOlWQhOMdeHg_d
For questions related to the event please contact Mr. Gonzalo Lacurcia at email@example.com.
14. 00 I OPENING – INTRODUCTION
– María del Carmen Cardosa Zea, Deputy-Counsellor of Equity, Social Policies and Conciliation, Regional Government of Andalusia, Spain
– Maimunah Mohd-Sharif, Executive Director, UN-Habitat (TBC)
– Emilia Saiz, Secretary General, UCLG
14.15 | PRESENTATION
– María del Pilar Téllez, Metropolitan / Urban Policy Expert, UN-Habitat
14.30 | PANEL DISCUSSION
– Angel Mariscal Estrada, Mayor of Cuenca, Ecuador
– M. Cemil Arslan, Secretary General, Marmara Municipalities Union, Turkey
– María del Carmen Compagni; General Director of Urbanism and Territorial Planning, Regional Government of Andalusia, Spain
– Ilce Amarante, President of the Instituto Nacional de Gestão do Território, Cabo Verde
Moderation: Sara Hoeflich de Duque, Learning Director, UCLG
15.20 | CLOSING REMARKS
– María de la Luz Ortega Carpio, Director of the Andalusian Agency of International Cooperation for Development (AACID)
– Remy Sietchiping, Chief, Policy, Legislation and Governance Section, UN-Habitat